Monday, April 2, 2012

Earth Day Visors

This song comes to mind when I think of Earth Day...

Oh, mercy mercy me
Oh, things ain't what they used to be
No, no
Where did all the blue sky go?
Poison is the wind that blows
From the north, east, south, and sea
Oh, mercy mercy me
Oh, things ain't what they used to be
No, no
Oil wasted on the oceans and upon our seas
Fish full of mercury
Oh, mercy mercy me
Oh, things ain't what they used to be
No, no
Radiation in the ground and in the sky
Animals and birds who live nearby are dying
Oh, mercy mercy me
Oh, things ain't what they used to be
What about this overcrowded land?
How much more abuse from man can you stand?

Marvin Gaye

_____  _____  _____  _____  _____  _____  _____  _____  _____  

My kindy cuties have become quite the tree, wood/paper,  and animal experts.  Thank you FOSS science!  There is no doubt they are very passionate about everything and anything that has to do with the Earth and keeping her a clean, green, beautiful, fighting machine!  Today we made our  'I Am A Friend of the Earth' visors.  Students will proudly wear these visors throughout the month of April as we garden, recycle, pick up trash around the school, and walk in the Walk-A-Thon.








You can find this visor reproducible and more Earth Day activities in my Teachers Pay Teachers Shop! Just click on the image above! 

10 comments:

  1. What a cute idea...I love the visors!

    I am happy to be your newest follower! I would love for you to come visit me when you get the chance. =)


    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So great to get a comment from you AND have you be my new follower! Thank you thank you! I am going to hop on over to your blog right now!

      Sheila

      Delete
  2. Those visors are absolutely adorable :)

    Shannon
    Kindergarten Hoppenings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Wow, I popped over to your blog and LOVE the farm activities you have posted. These could not have come at a better time as we are in the midst of our farm unit! Your blog is wonderful!

      Delete
  3. The visors are so cute and can be used for many different themes and activities:) Thanks for the great ideas on your blog! I have been on your blog before but I am becoming a follower! 3 Teacher Chicks

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love the name of your blog! I was drawn to it :) Love this visor! I'm your newest follower and would love it if you'd come visit me, too!
    ❤Teri
    A Cupcake for the Teacher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the name of your blog too! ; ) I am such a sucker for cupcakes. In fact I was just chatting with my friends this weekend about Sprinkles Cupcakes. Have you ever had those? They are fantastic! I love your blog! My cat LuLu and your orange kittie look like they could be twins. I also saw on your blog that you are from New Jersey! My boyfriend is from New Jersey and I just made my first trip back east over winter break. I had a great time!

      She

      Delete
  5. The visors are adorable and I hope I remember this idea for the future. I think you are probably so much fun to be around. I love your positive outlook and enthusiasm. We need teachers like you... smart with a sense of humor!
    Fran@kindergartencratyons.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fran! It is truly an honor to get a comment from you on my blog. Wow! Believe it or not I consider you celebrity status in the teaching blog realm! Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to write a comment. I am new to the teaching blogging world and I look up to you so very much.

      Sheila

      Delete

Sheila Chako
Sprinkle Teaching Magic