Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Report Card Comments Made Easy


This week I have been buried in report cards.  Back in the day, I spent hours upon hours and multiple weekends pouring over report cards, writing comments that seemed like novels.  There came a point when a light bulb went off.  Yes, my comments were meaningful and thoughtful, but could I get the same impact and cut down on MY time.  And so, the solution of “Ways to Go:” and “Ways to Grow:” was born.  Through bulleted comments, I honed in on specific areas of focus for my kinder students.  During conferences, parent’s eyes would not glaze over; instead parents read the bullets carefully, absorbing the key, next steps and celebrating the academic progress .  Each year, I compile my bullet points.  Of course, every child is unique, and some bullet points you will create for special descriptors. included are the field tested comments that I use time and time again.   These report card comments will save you time during the report card process!   I decided a word document would be helpful, so you may cut and paste and alter as needed.  


7 comments:

  1. I can't find the link to the Word document ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would LOVEEE this ! I can't get the document!

    partykas@kean.edu

    I'm a big fan!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where can I get this amazing document? I'd love it, too. Thanks.
    ajo@citizensoftheworld.org

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would also love this document. Thank you! Lesanna2688@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Could I get this document? cjbeckett13@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi really need help on this, could you kindly provide a copy... many thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I bought your comments and they werent in word form they came as a pdf. Hmm.. where can I get the word version?
    tinacriste@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Sheila Chako
Sprinkle Teaching Magic