Friday, March 14, 2014

I Went Viral, Jessica Simpson, Pi, Kindergarten Smorgasboard Interview, and a Wine Country Escape




Happy Pi Day and Albert Einstein's birthday!  


Pi Day is a big deal in fifth grade, much like Dr. Seuss Day is a large celebration for the younger grades.  

Pi Day is an annual mathematical celebration of π (pi).  This symbol is used to represent the ratio of the circumference of the circle to its diameter which is approximately 3.14159.  This event is always celebrated on 3/14.  

The pi-ssibilities of Pi Day activities are endless.  Here are some of my favorite pi-ctures from the day.  Okay, okay, I know.  But look at the PI-E!  





A new series, "Teachers We Love," is premiering TODAY on my Teaching YouTube Channel! 


I had the pleasure of chatting with Mr. Greg from Smedley's Smorgasbord of Kindergarten.  He is the first (of hopefully many more to come) of the "Teachers We Love" interviews.  

Many times I read a teacher's blog posts, flip through their Instagram pictures, purchase their products on TPT, and wonder 'What they are really like?  Why did they become a teacher?  What is the secret to their success?' I often think…  'If only I could fly them out to the wine country.  With a little chat fest and some wine country adventures, I just KNOW we could be the best of friends.'  Tell me I am not the only one?!?!?

After wasting months of my time watching "The Bachelor" (BOOOOOOO JUAN PABLO!),  I am ready for some quality video-viewing.  How fun would it be to cozy up on a Friday night and watch a teacher talk show at your leisure?

Let's just be honest.  Brutally honest.  We are all a bit nosy.  There I said it!  Nosiness is not a bad thing.  It means that we want to connect, collaborate, share, and get inspiration from one another.  Then it hit me.  Why not reach out to the favorite teachers we LOVE and chat.  Chat about our classrooms, our goals, our blogs, our favorite teacher products and more.  To see one of our favorite bloggers jump off the blog page and in to "real life" allows us to put a personality to a name.  

Mr. Greg and I chatted like two peas in the teaching pod.  He is SUCH a genuinely positive teacher.  We established why he decided to become a teacher, the meaning behind his blog name, and how he stays positive.  The conversation flew by and I think we could have talked "shop" for hours and hours. Please enjoy and make sure to visit his blog, and YouTube channel

Here is the short preview commercial:
                                        

Here is the full length interview with Mr. Greg!  Enjoy!  Be sure to pop on over to my Teaching Channel and click the 'subscribe' button.  This way you will stay up-to-date on more teaching interviews and fun to come!
   

Hey YOU!  Yes, YOU!  I need your help.  Are there any teachers you would like to see me interview?  What questions should I ask?  Would YOU like to be a part of my new series?  Email me at: sprinkleteachingmagic@gmail.com
This week, a letter I wrote was posted on the Autism Speaks website.    W.O.W.  The inspiration for this letter came to me suddenly.  I sat at my computer and the words flowed quickly.  I had no idea my love letter would make such an impact!   I am truly touched by the outpouring of love this letter has helped spread.  Click this link to read my love letter to children with autism.  

Weekends are all about exploration.  Mr. Winemaker and I love scoping out new restaurants and places to take our friends in wine country.  Here is our latest adventure.  

)

Mr. Winemaker writes blog posts over on www.shesparkletv.blogspot.com.  Check out what he had to say about Francis Ford Coppola Winery and restaurant.  The man can write!



This week I signed up for Weight Watchers online.  I couldn't help it.  Not only am I frustrated with the weight I have gained since I first started teaching but Jessica Simpson is my girl. Love her.  Yes, I own every season of the Newlyweds.  No shame. I embrace my inner Jessica Simpson Number One Fan status.  She looks good!  I will keep you posted on my journey to healthy.  
Happy Friday and have a wonderful weekend!  

6 comments:

  1. The WW app is great when you are at the grocery store! Love that you are doing interviews! How fun! Rowdy in First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  2. loved watching the video with Mr. Greg! thanks for linking up and sharing the video!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Awesome video! Thanks so much for sharing!

    Sally from Elementary Matters

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've recently rejoined. You'll love it! The first time around, I lost 25 lbs. Hoping to be as successful this time.

    What is it about teaching that makes us gain weight? Almost all of the teachers at my school have complaints about their weight and would be classified as overweight or obese (myself included). Is it the stress? The long hours grading/planning? The constant supply of foods in the break-room, brought in by students from their home ec classes, or from grateful and appreciative parents.... It's like every time I turn around, there's a box of donuts with a little note that says "please help yourself." LoL

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the "Teachers We Love" series! Can't wait to see more :) You are amazing- not quite sure how you juggle all these balls :) I am in awe!!
    Laura
    Differentiation Station Creations

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the "Teachers We Love!"! I'm curious, are there any middle school teacher bloggers or you tubers that you follow?

    ReplyDelete

Sheila Chako
Sprinkle Teaching Magic