Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Teacher Reflection

After a day of teaching, I often get in the car and drive home reflecting on the day.  I think of my lesson successes and next steps.  I think of my students and hope they had a great day of learning.  I often wonder what they will tell their parents about their school day.  Upon deeper reflection, I begin to think did I smile enough, was I maybe to hard on a student, did I make learning fun... I realized I needed a cheat sheet to take inventory of key teaching habits that would make me a consistently better teacher.  The idea is not to do them all or do them all perfectly.  The reflection sheet is more to acknowledge the positives that come naurally and point out a few areas to work on as goals. Once I created the sheet, I laminated it and now keep it handy for reference.  At the end of the day I take a Vis-A-Vis pen and check off items on the list I successfully incorporated that day. Then I choose items to include for the following day.  Feel free to use or modify this idea and let me know how it goes or how you changed it to fit your needs!  Click on the image below to access my Teacher Reflection in google docs!





1 comment:

  1. I am in awe of you! This is a brilliant idea!!!!! I am sooo going to do this! Have you shared this with Kristi? She would love this too! Wouldn't it be great if we each created our own list and then shared them with one another? It would be interesting to see what we each valued and reflected on. Lots of love to you!!!
    Camille
    An Open Door
    P.S. I LOVED observing in your classroom! Thank you for being so welcoming!

    ReplyDelete

Sheila Chako
Sprinkle Teaching Magic