Tuesday, May 29, 2012

You are cordially invited to my first Linky Party!

My summer vacation officially starts in 7 days!  I.can't.wait!!!!!  Right now I am running around like a mad woman trying to put the finishing touches on the school year buuuuuut my mind keeps wandering to teaching blog land.  Recently, I have been stalking my favorite blogs and getting tons of end of the school year ideas.  Thank you blog friends!   As my mind wanders away from stressful end of the year preparations and towards blogin' summer days I picture myself looking a little something like this...



and this....

Carrie Bradshaw is my FAV!

There are some technical difficulties though... technically I don't live in a swanky apartment in Manhattan and technically I don't write a saucy column in a New York newspaper.  What I do have is my mac laptop, my tiny cottage, and my blog Sprinkle Teaching Magic.  I started this little blog back in February and can't believe how fun the blogging journey has been thus far.  I have learned so much about blogging these past months thanks to online tutorials but there is still so much to learn AND try AND so many new blogging friends to meet AND blogging adventures to be had!   This summer along with vacations, bbqs, and setting up a new classroom, I am looking forward to extra blogging time (time to brainstorm blog post ideas, time to set some blog goals, time to connect with fellow bloggers, time to read and watch blog tutorials, etc)  With all of that being said now is the perfect time to host my first LINKY PARTY that focuses on Blog Love!  Come celebrate the end of the year with me and summer kick off; join the linky party fun! 

  
Summer Blogging Bonanza Linky Party!
Keep Calm and BLOG ON!

All you have to do is tell the blog world about your personal blog journey and post about it.

You can use these questions just copy and paste them in to your post:

1. Why did you start blogging?

2.  What blogs do you stalk?  What blogs inspire you? (These blogs can be teaching blogs, non-teaching related or both.  Make sure to link them so we can check out your blog favs!  Hello!?!?! We will certainly all need new blog reading material this summer)

3. Blogging tips, tools, and great ideas you have learned along the way

4. Blogging and balance

5. What are your blogging goals for the summer?

Then, come back here and link up!  Enter the exact link to your post. (see very bottom of this post)

Add this Keep Calm And Blog On Button by right clicking on the button and saving it to your computer. Insert the image at the bottom of your post with a link back to this party! 

My Blogging Journey

1. Why did you start blogging?

I played with the idea of starting a blog for a LONG time.  I kept putting off starting a blog and came up with a million excuses such as: a blog would be hard, I would not be able to keep it up, I don't know how to set up a blog.  When another year of pink slips hit I realized there was not much I could do to control job uncertainty, moving classrooms, grades, and schools.  What I could have control over was a blog and what I love most is my passion for teaching.   With encouragement from Mr. Winemaker and my mom I decided to start this blog that would give me something to look forward to during job uncertainty and a way to share my fun curriculum ideas.  I am officially a Teaching Blog Addict and I love it!

2.  What blogs do you stalk?  What blogs inspire you? (These blogs can be teaching blogs, non-teaching related or both.  Make sure to link them so we can check out your blog favs!)

Click on the banner above that says Blog Love.  This link will take you to my FAVORITE blogs that I read daily. 

3. Blogging tips, tools, and great ideas you have learned along the way.

One of the best purchases I made was the Blogging 101 event on Virtual Teaching.   I especially loved the Blogging Basics presented my Hadar Maor.  Hadar's tips really helped start me off on the right foot.  I also did blog research on Erica Bohrer's, Cara Carroll's, and Teaching Blog Addicts blogs.  (click on the names listed to see the posts that helped me)

4. Blogging and balance

When I first started blogging balance was hard.  My brain was constantly spinning about what to post, who was following the blog, did I have enough followers, do people like my blog, how to get my blog OUT THERE...  the excitement of blogging quickly turned in to a frenzy.  As much as I admire/adore/ and am inspired by Deanna Jump's success, I realize success like hers is not going to happen overnight.  Patience, letting go of control, and seeing what happens has never come naturally to me so blogging has helped me face this character flaw head on!  With much practice I now step back and enjoy the ride and am more patient letting things happen in their own time.  Amen!

5. What are your blogging goals for the summer?

-Get organized and put together a blog binder.

-Hopefully meet up with some fellow bloggers!

-Try out teaching ideas I have pinned on pinterest and share how they turned out on the blog!

I am excited to hear about your blog journey! 


Stay tuned for these upcoming posts: 

-Crayon Melting Art!  An end of the year student gift!
-A Father's Day gift idea!

19 comments:

  1. Love your idea,I was thinking why no one didn't do something like this:)
    I'm definitely going to join your Linky!

    Lusine
    Enjoy Teaching English

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh good! I can't wait to see what you post! Thanks for following.

      Delete
  2. Sounds great! I will definitely be linking up in the next couple of days!! :)

    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay Lisa! I am excited to read your post when you link up. Enjoyed checking out your blog tonight. Love the cupcakes you are making. How cute is that teddy bear lounging on top?!?!? And seriously 80 cupcakes?!?!?! You are a rockstar. Let me know how it goes.

      Delete
  3. I love your new blog design! I am glad I could help out with tips. Thanks for your comments on my blog. I appreciate that you read my posts and leave a thoughtful comment. It made me want to follow your adorable blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Erica, the blog design turned out better than I could even dream of. Love ya and thanks for stopping by! YOUR comments always make my day : )

      Delete
  4. I just started blogging this week and have found it challenging, consuming, confusing, and rewarding. Thanks for posting this. It's great hearing from relative newbies. Also love the idea of your linky party!
    Success in Second Grade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congratulations on taking the leap and starting a blog Brandi! I can't wait to check it out. I hear ya on the challenging, confusing, and consuming part of blogging. That is exactly why we need to support each other and cheer each other on!

      Delete
  5. You inspired me last night! I was up until 4am downloading and copying and pasting codes from Cutest Blog on he Block. I didn't think I was going to survive-thought for sure it would kill me, but low and behold, I DID IT! Only suffering from some sleep deprivation. But it was worth it. Still not as cute as yours, but I'm proud. Check out what you inspired when you get the chance!
    :) Dana
    Fun in 1st Grade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dana! I am so glad I inspired you! We are a lot alike. One night when I was creating my first TPT product I stayed up until 4 in the morning. My friends thought I was crazy! So glad you checked out cutest blog on the block. Aren't their designs adorable??? I am so proud of you for sticking it out and tackling all those crazy codes. Those codes are seriously a foreign language. Thank goodness for online tutorials. Thanks for stopping by my blog it means so much to me. I am definitely a blogger cheerleader here to cheer you on!!! Woot Woot!

      Delete
  6. LOVE me some Carrie Bradshaw!! Too bad we can't all be that swanky, huh?! I just found your blog through your linky - I'm your newest follower! I'll be linking up soon!
    Nicole
    Rowdy in Room 300

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Nicole! Yay glad you found the blog through my linky and even more glad you are a fellow Carrie Bradshaw lover! Thanks for following and can't wait to see what you post when you link up!

      Delete
  7. I'm a new follower and just linked up. Thanks for doing this!

    Brandi

    Success in Second Grade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for being a follower and linking up! Excited to visit your blog. I love second grade!

      Delete
  8. Howdy from Music City USA! I am a brand new blogger! I just started my blog two weeks ago and am having a blast!!! I am totally going to join your linky party so I hope you will check out my new blog!! And thanks for starting this party!!!

    Greg
    Smedley's Smorgasboard of Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Howdy! So glad you found my blog and woot woot for starting a blog! Really glad you are going to join the linky and I will for sure stop on by your smorgasboard of kinder fun. Smorgasboard is a great word! Just rolls and sloshes right of the tongue.

      Delete
  9. Your blog a...to...the...dorable! This is such a fun linky idea. I will definitely join in..right after I start following your blog:-)

    Laurie
    Chickadee Jubilee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay thanks! Really glad you found my little blog. Can't wait to see what you post for the linky.

      Delete
  10. Oh my gosh. Your blog is TOO cute! I just discovered it and I'm your newest follower.

    Maria
    Kinder-Craze

    ReplyDelete

Sheila Chako
Sprinkle Teaching Magic